Get Comprehensive Care at Our Scottsdale Integrative Medical Center
At the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine, our goal is to offer continuing, optimum patient care without having a patient's treatment dictated by a third party; hence, we do not accept payment from insurance companies. Instead, we prefer to have a direct relationship with our patients and to give them the opportunity to make the final decision as to which treatments are most beneficial for them or for their children.
Call (480) 418-0220 today to speak in detail to the staff at our Scottsdale integrative medical center.
Filing claims with insurance companies is a full-time job that requires a substantial amount of knowledge which Insurance Coders go to school to learn.
Paying cash for services is easy and fast. You may be surprised to learn that it can also be much less expensive than having your insurance cover the costs. One of our patients recently paid a $600 co-pay for a necessary drug that would have only cost her between $150 and $250 had she paid cash for it. She did not, unfortunately, discover this information until after the fact. The Wall Street Journal posted an article describing many more similar stories.
The staff at our Scottsdale integrative medical center has not been trained for this purpose; however, we do our best to comply with insurance requirements so that you can get reimbursement.
To help you in your quest for reimbursement we will do the following:
- Any requests for additional forms from your insurance company will gladly be accommodated for a fee. This includes records, reports, tests, etc.
- To avoid multiple fees, we will give the copied information to you to submit to your insurance company (along with their letter of request). We HIGHLY recommend that you only send copies of the documents, never the originals.
- For prior authorization calls, we are happy to make the calls. We will charge you the regular office visit rates for the time spent making the calls, as we are not infrequently on hold for up to 20 minutes before speaking with a live person. There are times when it may be preferable (and less expensive) simply to pay for the medications for which you insurance company requires prior authorization.
- We can refer you to third party billers who will submit claims for you. These individuals have been trained by the insurance industry, and are familiar with all the ins and outs of billing and coding. They can help you, for a small fee, obtain maximum reimbursement for your medical expenses with us. We have no financial interest in their work. We simply want to help you get the best reimbursement possible from your insurance company, for your legitimate medical expenses.
Please note that we frequently receive letters from insurance companies requesting records or different diagnosis codes, different CPT codes and additional information. We will give this additional information to you to submit to your insurance company; however, we will not send the information directly to the insurance company.
We ask that all patients complete our patient registration form, and read and sign our financial policy, prior to seeing the doctor(s). Any payment by insurance should be sent directly to you, the patient. Call your insurance company to request claim forms to submit for reimbursement.
About Blood Work
Regarding blood work and insurance reimbursement there are two options:
- The one-stick option: the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine can draw all the blood at once and send the tests to the appropriate labs for analysis. We can have the regular blood work billed to you directly by the lab (Sonora Quest) and then you may submit a claim to your insurance company for reimbursement, or contact Sonora Quest directly to give them your insurance information. Tests which are run in specialty labs will be charged to your account at the clinic, and you may request a HCFA form to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- The two-stick option: Dr. Grout can provide you with a LAB ORDER that you can take to the specific Lab, such as Sonora Quest or Theranos, and have them draw the regular blood work, and give them your insurance information up front. Please note that many commercial labs will only draw blood for test that they process (that is the first stick). Any other blood tests would then need to be drawn by your family doctor (if they are willing) or by the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine (that is the second stick).
Contact us today to learn more about how our integrative medical center in Scottsdale can help.
“I had a second chance in life after meeting Dr. Grout.” J.B.
“Dr. Grout is compassionate, empathetic, responsive, and the best doctor I have had the privilege to care for me.” Anita, PhD, RN, NP
“If you are ever wondering about the state of your health and wanting answers to why you are having the problems you are having, then seeing an Integrative Health specialist is essential.” Anita