Breast Cancer Screenings in Arizona
Learn More About Thermography in Scottsdale, AZ
“OCTOBER SPECIAL RATES” in honor of breast cancer awareness month. 30% off our usual low rate on all tests done in October. You can screen
for breast cancer and painful inflammations without unsafe radiation at
the Arizona Center for Advanced Medicine.* At our Scottsdale integrative
medical center, established patients can simply call to make an appointment
for a thermogram. New patients who wish to have thermography are evaluated
medically before having the test. Other patients may be referred just
for a thermogram by their regular physician, to whom we can send a report.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment for breast cancer screening.
About Your Exam
Prior to the exam, you will want to avoid activities that can increase
the surface blood supply, causing the exam to appear inflammatory and
falsely positive. In order to get the best possible examination, free
of artifact, the following are STRONGLY recommended.
The following situations are not permissible for a thermogram:
- Sunbathing for 5 days before the exam (possibility of sunburn)
- Use of creams or lotions the day of the exam (stimulates the skin)
- Use of deodorants or antiperspirants the day of the exam (stimulates the skin)
- Physical therapy, EMS, TENS, ultrasound treatment, acupuncture, chiropractic,
hot/cold pack use 24 hours prior to the exam
- Exercise, sexual intercourse, hot baths or showers 24 hours prior to the exam
- Coffee 24 hours prior to the exam
- Breast biopsy 3 months prior to the exam
- Nursing mothers - please nurse at least one hour before the exam
Just prior to the exam, you will be escorted to a private room where the
exam takes place. At that time, you will be asked to undress from the
waist up, and leave your breasts exposed to the air for 15 minutes (to
equilibrate to the environment of the room). The breasts will remain exposed
during the examination.
All of our thermography staff are female. If you would like someone to
be with you during the test, you are welcome to bring that person with
you into the exam room.
Call (480) 418-0220 to speak to the staff at our Scottsdale integrative
See more of our articles on thermography here.
*Disclaimer: There is no guarantee of successes for any given medical treatment.
Each individual is unique and may respond differently to our medical services,
meaning results may vary for each person.